The Game on Sound Session

During last week’s KUBE Summer Jam, J. Moore and I linked up with The Game before his performance for a quick interview.  We talked all about his upcoming L.A.X. project, why he wants to retire after this album, his ear for beats, the rumor about him joining Westside Connection, his ‘game’ on the court, and more.  He also revealed why his first few rap names were destined for failure and how the Clippers are shaping up this year with Baron Davis returning home to Los Angeles.

You can watch the full interview above (with footage of his performance later that day), or you can download the actual recorded audio (higher quality) through either of these links:

The Game on Sound Sessionhttp://www.mediafire.com/?xfjwynznyn2
(back up / streaming link – http://www.zshare.net/audio/160425975c2bd052/ )

Regardless of any controversy he’s been in over the years, every time I talk with dude, he’s cool as hell.  Plus, he makes good music.  Definitely be on the lookout for L.A.X. dropping soon.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “The Game on Sound Session”

1. Cathy says:

Hey Hyphen!
    I tuned in to your radio show as I have been every week for about 3 years now, and I gotta say thanks and big ups for all your and J. Moore’s dedication to reviving the hip hop music. You guys mentioned a hip hop festival in seattle this coming sunday. Where is it located?
    Stay up.
    Peace

What up Cathy, thanks for listening over the years. We really appreciate it! Glad you like the music too, that’s the most important thing.

The hip-hop festival on August 3rd is at People’s Park on 9th & MLK in Tacoma:

I believe it runs from 1pm – 9pm. Should be a good time

3. Austin says:

haha, i cant see Game down at WSU. doesnt seem like he would fit

yeah…sliiiiighty out of place. According to some Cougar fans, there’s no record of him actually getting a scholarship though…norickross. Perhaps he was gonna walk on or something. I’ll have to have one of the Sports Radio people at my work look into it

5. Cathy says:

Thanks so much man! Keep it up!

6. fan says:

i heard he’s working with Byrdie? is that true, did he say anything? that would be so cool for seattle!

hmm, he didn’t mention anything about that but you never know. I agree, that’d be dope

8. […] that it’s a little late.  It’s worth the wait though, as we played brand new music by The Game (produced by Just Blaze), Heltah Skeltah (with Illmind on the boards), The Knux, our homey […]

9. […] We played some dope songs from Nas, Strong Arm Steady, Dwele, and more, plus debuted the Jay-Z and Game tracks that had the net buzzing this week. Local producer DJ Semaj came through to world premiere […]