Yes, she can.
- Performing my favorite songs of hers (“Little Bit,” “I’m Good, I’m Gone,” “Tonight” (ultimate mood music), and more)? Check.
- Kanye-esque “Love Lockdown” style live percussion? Check.
- Hauntingly dope live voice? Check.
- Swedish swag (shout to my people)? Check.
- Breaking out a megaphone to sing random verses? Check.
- Covering 2 classic hip-hop songs (BDP’s “Sound of da Police” and Tribe’s “Can I Kick It”) and 2 of my favorite samples ever (Sister Nancy’s “Bam Bam” and Wendy Rene’s “After Laughter (Comes Tears)”)? Check.
- Crazy Euro hippie white girl sex appeal? Check.
Even if you’re a novice to the indie rock scene like I am, break out your schmedium t-shirt and go see her when she comes to your town (dates available here). Also be sure to check out her album, it’s dope. Her live show is even better.