Go head Lu

Not only is he one of the best lyricists in the game, but Lu’s a great role model.  I’d much rather post simple ish like this on TAOD than all that Rick Ross vs. 50 nonsense.  Not to go off on a tangent, but since blogs are rapidly becoming the new media distribution tool, don’t we all need to self-regulate and ensure some level of gatekeeping with the content?  In other words, posting all the effery between Ross and 50 just encourages more of it.  Shrug.

Sidenote, if you can’t rap better than Andy Samberg on SNL, please don’t send me your music.

Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Go head Lu”

1. DrewDown says:

lmao. I encourage more of 50 vs Ross stuff.

One belongs in music. The other doesn’t. Allowing Ross to continue to sell… allowing def jam to keep buying ross’ albums so it appears he’s making relevant music is also a shame.

Anyway, Lupe is a great artist, although suffering from the classic “now that I have fans, the label won’t let me do anything” situation. I’m partly excited that as a result of delaying lupEND until 2 years from now, and making albums to complete his deal, he’s going to be making more music.

Yeah I think Lu will always make music…even if he says he won’t eventually. Now whether or not it will be as Lupe or some other character, I dunno. I haven’t been feeling the Japanese Cartoon stuff that’s leaked, so from a fan perspective, I definitely just want him to keep making great hip-hop. I know he wants to do other stuff and experiment though…but I’m sure I’ll like a lot of that

3. RokeeBay says:

yo son, with all due respect, you better not be talking about me. i mean honestly, if you dont like my music, youre definately suffering from a serious case of delirium. i mean, honestly.

Damn dude, fall back.

I haven’t even had time to listen to your stuff yet, so obviously I’m not talking about you. Your project is on my hard drive right now though and I’m trying to get to it asap but I have a ton of other submissions to go through. When I get a chance to listen, I’ll hit you with feedback.

Not a good sign that you took that hella sensitively though man. I won’t hold it against you, but damn. If you want to be an artist, you’ll need thicker skin than getting offended by a random line that wasn’t even directed at you in the slightest.

5. RokeeBay says:

i understand completely. sorry if i appear to be insane. which im sure i do. because i am insane

6. DrewDown says:

^ lmao. Whoa.

even if he was talking to you, soygnh in this bitch.

I agree though to the anon artist, you got to know if you suck that bad at music, you can’t be that ignorant. Just stay a fan or find another way to contribute. lol. Like me. I’ve gotten a few songs I wouldn’t categorize as music.