Why do you hate rappers?

I hate them for reasons to numerous to even begin to list, but PackFM, Masta Ace, Sadat X, Poison Pen, Skyzoo, Stimuli, Peter Rosenberg, Iron Solomon, B-Real, and more do a good job giving their opinions.  For me, the biggest problem is that everyone’s a rapper.  Most folks just need to stop.

Thumbs down @ the shot to Lupe though.  I suppose his public persona puts a lot of people off, but seeing as how he raps better than 99% of the MC’s in the game, I’m fine with him classifying himself as an “artist” rather than a “rapper.”  I’d actually agree with that.  Anybody can be a rapper these days.  Few rappers can be artists.  Just my 2 cents.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Why do you hate rappers?”

1. modi says:

what haters!

LOL. but i fuck with skyzoo. he’s trill.

2. Clif Soulo says:

I agree with alot of what they said.

3. walekilla says:

Lupe has admitted in multiple interviews that he doesn’t care about rap and wants to be a fashion designer – but raps anyway because he can make money at it. That’s incredibly disrespectful to the culture as a whole – and that’s acceptable to you? Come on. Don’t let the fanboyism cloud your judgement. Perhaps you’re in it for the wrong reasons as well or don’t have any respect for the element of emceeing?

hahahaha, ok I’ll bite.

Re: Lupe – having chatted with Lu numerous times on and off mic about that very issue, I think you’ve misinterpreted that. He has a lot of respect for music in general, and definitely has disagreements with a lot of what hip-hop does and what it represents. I tend to agree with that. Hip-hop is far from perfect. He’s also mentioned that he does prefer fashion and other pursuits to music, but I don’t think that’s disrespectful to the culture. Sorry dude. Look at it like a NBA player who doesn’t really like bball but he’s great at it. There are plenty of folks who’ve said that and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

As for me, you’re kidding right? You have no idea about any ‘intentions’ I have with music. Feel free to enlighten me though hahaha

5. Kristin says:

What NBA player doesn’t like basketball? I feel you killa.

Huh? Plenty of ’em. Baseball and football players too. Whenever one comes out and says how they never really loved the sport, they just do it as a job cause they’ve been good at it their whole lives, all the fans get pissy. Happened to Miguel Batista on the Mariners last year…he doesn’t like pitching…he just does it cause it’s the best job for his skill set