Deacon, Natti, and Kno are back with their first music video in years to support their new project, Strange Journey, Vol. 3. Shout to the homey Tunji!
Well this is a pleasant surprise. A while after TiRon & Ayomari’s A Sucker For Pumps was released, they’ve decided to put out a video for one of my favorite tracks on the project, “Her Theme Song.” While I miss hearing BJ The Chicago Kid on the hook, Jeremih is a capable stand in and either way, I don’t know how you can’t like this song.
A limited edition re-release of A Sucker For Pumps is on the way…
Asher’s growth as a person is coming out in his music, and vice versa. I’m right there with his new wavelength.
RetroHash drops April 22nd.
The Sam Smith American takeover is near. The voice from Disclosure’s “Latch” is close to breaking out in a big way here in the states, perhaps starting with tonight’s performance on Saturday Night Live, and he just released the video for “Stay With Me” off his upcoming album. In The Lonely Hour drops May 26th.
Check out this week’s episode of SNSS for new music from artists like Shad, Yogi, 50 Cent, Vince Staples, Blu, Asher Roth, 100s, Tory Lanez, Erik Hassle, Ziggy Marley, Kiesza, Chuck Inglish, BJ The Chicago Kid, and more. Side note, BJ is completely killing everyone in the business right now. Every time you see his name, you already know the record is dope!
Show #458 (3-23-14)
- Shad – “Koko B Ware”
- Yogi ft. Pusha T – “Burial”
- Jay-Z & Jay Electronica – “We Made It Freestyle”
- 50 Cent – “Hold On”
- Vince Staples – “Locked & Loaded”
- Black Milk ft. Guilty Simpson – “G”
- Big K.R.I.T. – “Egyptian Cotton”
- The Bar (Prometheus Brown & Bambu) ft. Thig Natural (of the Physics) & Hollis – “Dead Serious” (Local Music)
- The Lox – “New York City”
- Blu – “The West”
- Asher Roth – “Tangerine Girl”
- Katy B ft. Sampha – “Play”
- 100s ft. Cherub – “Different Type Of Love”
- Calvin Valentine & DJ FlipFlop – “2Nite” (Local Music)
- Rick Ross ft. The Weeknd – “In Vein”
- Tory Lanez – “R.I.D.E.”
- Jesse Boykins III – “Show Me Who You Are”
- Jhene Aiko – “My Afternoon Dream”
- Grieves ft. Slug (of Atmosphere) – “Astronauts” (Local Music)
- Chuck Inglish ft. BJ The Chicago Kid – “Attitude”
- The Lady of Rage ft. Snoop Doggy Dogg – “Afro Puffs” (Throwback of the Week)
- Schoolboy Q – “Break The Bank”
- Erik Hassle ft. Vic Mensa – “Talk About It (Remix)”
- Ziggy Marley – “Fly Rasta”
- Kiesza – “Hideaway”
Link to download/stream the mp3 of the show – http://www.solidfiles.com/d/62bfe9cf2c/DJ_Hyphen_and_J._Moore_-_Sunday_Night_Sound_Session%2C_Show_458%2C_3-23-14.mp3
(back up – http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/98401354/file.html)
(2nd back up – http://linkmixes.com/hynvnp5skr0f)
If there are any problems with the links or if you’d like to be added to our weekly email list to receive the playlist and download links after every show, just shoot me an email, DJHyphen@gmail.com.
Of all the performances I saw at SXSW, Asher’s show was the only one that really made a lasting impression. After being through the ringer within this industry, he has regrouped and prepped an amazing follow up to his debut album. “Tangerine Girl” is the first offering we’ve heard from RetroHash and if you weren’t lucky enough to catch him doing the new records live in Austin, trust me, you’re gonna want to watch out for this one.
This girl is dope.
Flume is an Australian producer who released a really good project, then remixed it and added all sorts of dope MC’s to the tracks (like Ghostface, Freddie Gibbs, Killer Mike, and more). Here’s the trippy cartoon video for “Space Cadet.”
Not convinced, peep this record called “Insane” with Moon Holiday:
Vince takes us through his childhood with the video for “Nate” off his new mixtape, Shyne Coldchain II, which you can download right here. Shout to Scoop DeVille on the beat and shout to Corey too. Vince will be performing in Seattle at Schoolboy Q’s show on April 14th. Be there.
I feel like Yuna’s last album, Nocturnal, kind of flew under the radar. She’s always been one of our favorite artists on SNSS and I thought she would break out a bit more with this last project, since it’s full of great records like this one. She just makes really enjoyable, catchy records.